It’s Secret Recipe Club time again! This month I was assigned 2 Cookin’ Mamas, a blog written by mother and daughter team, Linda and Christina. I was really spoilt for choice when trying to choose my recipe. Their blog features a huge choice of healthy family friendly recipes, and I loved the sound of the Grilled Salmon with Spicy Orange Sauce and the Quick and Easy Stromboli as well as many of the other dishes.
I’m loving salads at the moment though and this Thai Cucumber Salad was soon my first choice. I love Thai food as it’s so fresh and vibrant and with it being summer I really want to eat healthily and avoid spending too long in the kitchen.
Cucumber is a perfect ingredient for a Thai salad. It’s refreshing and cooling and goes so well with the coriander and chilli pepper. If you are looking for an interesting way to serve cucumber then this is definitely something to try.
A great thing about salads is that you can make them earlier in the day and then just keep them in the fridge until dinner time. I served the Thai cucumber salad alongside some grilled fish, making dinner very quick to prepare. A definite bonus!
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, cubed and slightly cooked
- 1 red chilli pepper, finely sliced
- Handful of fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
- 2 tbsp peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- Mix together all the ingredients for the dressing
- Mix together all the salad ingredients except the peanuts.
- Add the dressing to the salad
- Serve with the peanuts sprinkled on the top
I am also linking this to Tasty Tuesdays at Honest Mum.