Welcome to this month’s #CookOnceEatTwice and the June round up. Once again there were some lovely entries and I really am tempted by quite a few this month!
The first entry was this beautiful No-Knead Rosemary and Garlic Focaccia by Angela at Only Crumbs Remain. I love how this method seems to produce perfect bread but with much less hands on time than traditional breadmaking.
Then Elaine at Foodbod made this delicious Sweet Potato and Chickpea Salad that evolved into slightly different salads each day and finally ended up as a dip. Wonderful!
Next was Shaheen from Allotment 2 Kitchen with this vibrant Pointed Red Ramiro Pepper and Black Bean Chilli Bowl. I will definitely have to look out for some ramiro peppers soon!
Then Kate at The Veg Space contributed this tasty Broad Bean, Fennel and Baby Carrot Pilaf. It’s one of those unplanned meals that turned out to be so tasty it needed to be remembered!
I find there’s something incredibly morish about little pastries and these Welsh Rarebit Pastries by Martin at The Why Chef would definitely go down well at a party.
My own Chocolate Chia Seed Muffins were next. They’re really easy to make and homemade muffins are so much healthier than bought ones.
Then there was another sweet entry. Eb at Easy Peasy Foodie made this delicious Gluten Free Peach and Cherry Crumble. I am a big fan of crumble and I know this would be really popular with my children too!
I love Middle Eastern flavours and Shaheen at Allotment 2 Kitchen then made this tasty Middle Eastern Sweet Potato Kibbeh. Kibbeh is new to me but I love falafels and this sounds like a really tempting alternative!
You can never have enough comforting stew recipes and this Apricot and Pumpkin Tagine by Johanna at Green Gourmet Giraffe would be really warming on a cool winter’s or summers day.
Our final entry was a beautiful homemade Orange Curd by Angela at Only Crumbs Remain. I would love some on a warm buttery scone right now!
Last month there were so many entries that I couldn’t pick just one to make. Yes, that’s right, I’ve made two of last month’s entries. The first one was these gorgeous Spiced Turkey Mince Pittas by Martin, The Why Chef. They were amazing and definitely a recipe to make again!
I was also so tempted that I also made the Baked Aubergine and Pepper Pasta Sauce made by Monika at Everyday Healthy Recipes. It has a lovely smoked paprika flavour and I can only apologise that my picture looks nowhere near as beautiful as Monika’s original one. I can promise you that it tastes great though.
Thank you to everyone who joined in. Please come back soon and link up your recipes for July and also to see which of this month’s entries I’ve recreated.
Here’s a reminder of the rules:
- Include a link in your post to Searching for Spice and include the badge. Add your link to the linky.
- Tweet @Corinthecook using the hashtag #CookOnceEatTwice and I will retweet all that I see.
- Include the source of any recipe if applicable and use your own photos.
- I will pin all entries onto the Cook Once Eat Twice Pinterest board. I also stumble and yum the entries.
- It’s acceptable to link up old posts but please update them with the link and the badge so they fit the rules of the challenge.
- Feel free to link up to other blogging events as well, as long as it is within their rules.
- Please take the time to visit some of the other links that catch your eye.
- The closing date is the 28th of the month and the roundup will be posted soon afterwards.