With this recipe for Indonesian pork tenderloin I’m going back to some of my favourite flavours. I’ll admit that I don’t know much about Indonesian food but I love peanut sauces. I love marinades. And of course I love chillies, ginger, coriander and garlic. Although I’m doing a lot more baking at the moment, it’s recipes like this that I really love to cook and love to eat. After mixing up the marinade I could have happily stood there eating it, before I’d even put the pork in. Luckily I knew I’d get to eat it again as a sauce.
I wanted this to be a light meal as I’ve started to think about (dream) of wearing my pre-pregnancy clothes again. With that in mind I served the pork alongside a simple salad with a zingy lime and ginger dressing. I guarantee that there is nothing more certain than this salad to make you feel healthy. Of course, if you’re not dreaming of pulling on your skinny jeans again, you could always serve a little rice with it too. Or some bread.
The recipe is adapted from Karmelowy.pl
Ingredients – serves 3-4
1 pork tenderloin
5 dried apricots, minced with a knife
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp ground coriander
30ml soy sauce
100ml orange juice
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp peanut butter
Juice of 1 lime
1\2 tsp crushed chilli flakes
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp coriander leaf, chopped
How to Make Indonesian Pork Tenderloin
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Whisk with a fork until everything is well combined. Put in a plastic food bag or in a bowl with the pork to marinate.
2. Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes, preferably overnight. I left mine for 5 hours.
3. Heat a little oil in an ovenproof pan. Take the pork out of the marinade and seal it on all sides in the pan and then put it in the oven at 200C for about 15-20 minutes until the pork is cooked through. Take it out of the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
4. Pour the marinade from the bag into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce a little so you have a thick sauce for the pork.
3 carrots, grated
3 spring onions, sliced
10cm piece cucumber, thinly sliced
2 tomatoes, sliced
Handful mange touts
Handful fresh coriander leaf, chopped
2cm piece of root ginger, grated
Juice of 1 lime
1 chilli pepper, finely sliced
Handful of dry roasted peanuts (optional)
How to Make the Salad
1. Toss all the ingredients together. Scatter a few peanuts on top.