A recipe for zesty lemon garlic butter that’s perfect on meat, fish or vegetables and will be great when bbq season starts. You can also enter to win a copy of Weber’s American Barbecue!
Today I’m so pleased to offer you a chance to win a copy of Weber’s American Barbecue. I’ll also be sharing my recipe for a delicious zesty lemon garlic butter that is just perfect with corn on the cob and fish.
If you’d like to go straight to the giveaway, scroll down to the bottom of the page to the Rafflecopter widget.
Gone are the days when going round for a bbq at someone’s house meant just overcooked sausages and burgers. These days barbecuing has become trendy and an art form in itself. Before you even start cooking there’s a choice of different types of barbecue. Do you want a water smoker, a charcoal grill or a gas grill? And once you’ve chosen your barbecue, there’s so much more that you can do with it than a simple burger or hot dog.
Weber’s American Barbecue: A Modern Spin on the Classics is a fantastic resource for when the weather gets warm enough to cook outside again. Whatever type of barbecue you have there are recipes to suit it. The recipes are so varied too.
As you’d expect, there are fantastic recipes for red meat, chicken and seafood but also great ideas for starters and sides as well as a great selection of recipes for homemade sauces, brines, marinades and rubs. There is even a recipe for iced cinnamon buns!
As well as a recipe book with lots of practical tips, it’s a great book to just sit down, relax and read. I especially enjoyed the special features about current barbecue techniques and trends across the US. The US is undoubtedly way ahead of us in barbecuing but these trends are set to become popular over here too. The supermarkets are already stocking a range of wood chips to give a fantastic smoky flavour to your food.
My recipe for Lemon garlic butter
I personally can’t wait for us to get some warm weather so I can try out some of the recipes at home. In the meantime I’d love to share a simple recipe for lemon garlic butter. I love this on corn on the cob and green vegetables but I’ve also had it on white fish. It’s a simple recipe that can lift a midweek meal or add something special to your barbecue spread this summer.
Zesty lemon garlic butter! Perfect with meat, fish or vegetables.
- 100g butter at room temperature
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Mash the garlic and lemon zest into the butter with a fork.
- Put the butter on some cling film and roll it up into a fat sausage shape.
- Put in the fridge until you need it.
If you’re looking for more tasty flavoured butter recipes then do take a look at my Indian Spiced Butter. It’s another real favourite of ours with corn on the cob.
How to enter the giveaway
Weber’s American BBQ has a RRP of £16.99. If you’d like to win yourself a copy then follow the instruction on the Rafflecopter widget below
Terms and Conditions:
- Entry is open to mainland UK residents only.
- Participants must be aged 18 years or over at the time of entering.
- There is only one prize and there will only be one winner.
- There is no cash alternative.
- To enter, participants must follow the directions on the Rafflecopter widget.
- The winner will be selected at random by the Rafflecopter widget.
- Competition closes 23:59 on Monday 17 April 2017. If the winner does not respond within 7 days of being contacted, another winner will be picked.
- Once the prize has been posted, neither Searching for Spice nor Octopus Publishing Group can be held responsible for any loss or damage to the parcel during transit.
Looking for more competitions?
Other places I’m sharing this lemon garlic butter