Tasty recipe for lemon and courgette spaghetti using a spiralizer to chop the courgette. It's flavoured with lemon, parsley and black pepper and makes a great midweek meal.
One thing I am aiming to do this year is eat more fruit and vegetables. With that in mind I decided to get my Spiralizer out of the cupboard again. I've had it for a couple of months and this lemon and courgette spaghetti was one of the first things I used the spiralizer for. The spiralizer cuts the courgette into long thin ribbons which are perfect with spaghetti or in salads and stir fries.
I've seen some recipes which replace the spaghetti entirely with courgette but I know that wouldn't fill me up. I'd be looking for snacks in a couple of hours. I still wanted to eat pasta, just a pasta dish filled with vegetables too.
This spaghetti fits the bill perfectly. It was light and fresh from the courgette, herbs and lemon but the little creme fraiche I added gave it that comfort food factor too. It was quick to prepare and cook and although I used my spiralizer for the courgettes, you could still make it if you didn't have one just by slicing the courgettes thinly.
Lemon and Courgette Spaghetti
- 150 g spaghetti
- 2 medium-sized courgette thinly sliced or spiralized
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 lemon juiced
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp A little grated parmesan
- Cook the spaghetti
- When the spaghetti is almost ready add the courgette and continue to cook for another minute.
- Drain the pasta and courgette and return to the pan.
- Add the garlic, creme fraiche, half of the lemon juice, salt, black pepper and most of the parsley. Stir in. Taste and add the rest of the lemon juice if you think it needs it.
- Serve with a little parmesan cheese and the rest of the chopped parsley.
More recipes you might like
Why not try my courgetti salad with baharat seasoning?
Keep in touch
Do let me know if you make this lemon and courgette spaghetti. I love to get feedback from readers.
Why not sign up to my weekly newsletter too. I’ll even send you a FREE printable.
Places I'm sharing this Lemon and Courgette Spaghetti
Spiralizer Saturday hosted by Caroline Makes
Tasty Tuesdays at Honest Mum
Cook Blog Share at Hijacked by Twins
Meat Free Mondays at Tinned Tomatoes.