Homemade roasted marinated peppers are so easy with this simple recipe. Red and yellow peppers are roasted, skinned and then marinated with garlic and rosemary! Great to use in so many different recipes as well as being a simple side dish.
Now that summer feels like it's here I really want to make lots of salads and healthy dishes. I also want to eat cake. But I'll try to put that out of my mind! The first good thing about these homemade roasted marinated peppers is that once you've made them, you just need to take them out of the fridge to eat.
The bad thing is that they need to be prepared 24 hours in advance. The second good thing is that when my husband saw the marinated peppers he asked where I bought them. How smug did I feel answering that question!
Removing the skins from roasted peppers
This was actually the first time I had removed skins from peppers. Yes, I'm lazy, and I'd always thought it was a lot of effort when the skins are ok anyway. But, I may have become a convert.
It is actually very quick and simple to take the skins off the peppers and I didn't feel I was wasting time.
How to Remove Skins from roasted peppers
This is what to do to remove the skins from the peppers
- Roast the peppers in the oven for at least 15 minutes until the skins blister.
- Put the peppers in a plastic bag and tie it. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Take the peppers out of the bag and rub them so the skins come off
Can you prepare a larger batch of the marinated peppers?
This recipe is very easy to scale up. Just roast more peppers and peel a few more garlic cloves.
How can you eat the roasted peppers?
There are so many ways to serve these delicious homemade roasted peppers. I served them as a side with some ciabatta, but you could put them in a salad, a sandwich, a pizza or a quiche.
The roasted peppers would be delicious in this Spanish bean salad with red peppers.
Can you adapt the recipe for roasted marinated peppers?
Oh yes! This recipe is easy to adapt. Why not add extra ingredients. A sliced chilli pepper or thinly sliced batons of ginger would be delicious and would really add to the flavour.
I used dried herbs but you could replace the dried rosemary with fresh rosemary. Thyme would also work beautifully as would dried basil.
Homemade Roasted Marinated Peppers Recipe
This recipe is from Stephane Reynaud’s 365 Good Reasons to Sit Down to Eat.
Roasted Marinated Peppers
- 2 peppers red, orange or yellow
- 3 cloves garlic
- 150 ml milk
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- olive oil
- Put the peppers on a baking tray in the oven at about 200c for about 15 minutes or until the skin begins to turn brown.
- Prepare the garlic by putting in a small saucepan and covering with milk. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and put in a plastic bag. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Take the peppers out of the plastic bag and remove the skin and seeds. Tear into strips. Slice the garlic.
- In a small jar put a layer of peppers at the bottom. Cover with a few slices of garlic. Season. Repeat the layering until there is no more garlic and peppers.
- Sprinkle with the rosemary, salt and black pepper. Add the bay leaf and then cover with olive oil. Put in the fridge and serve the next day or within a week.
More recipes that you might like
How about my roast chickpea salad?
This simple caprese salad is also great for summer
KEEP IN TOUCH
Do let me know if you make these homemade roasted marinated peppers. I love to get feedback from readers.
Why not sign up to my weekly newsletter too? I’ll even send you a FREE printable.
You can also stay up to date by following on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Looks delicious. I think we had our one day of summer yesterday, it's gone dull and cloudy again 🙁
Haha! I feel exactly the same way about summer! I want to eat both super healthy and super bad with nothing in the middle! These marinated roasted peppers look delicious!