Recipe for a simple green herb salsa packed with fresh coriander and parsley, garlic and fiery green chilli. Great with fish, salads or chicken.
Sometimes the simplest ways of eating fish are the best. It may be a clichee used to excuse a lack of imagination. But not always. Sometimes it's really true. This simple green herb salsa served with sea bass is one of the times when simple really is the best and not just a popular catchphrase.
To make the simplest things taste great it really helps to have the best quality ingredients. In this case fresh herbs and garlic, good vinegar and of course a tasty extra virgin olive oil. I had been sent some Italian Antichi Frantoi Francescani extra virgin olive oil and I wanted to use it in a recipe where a good olive oil would make all the difference.
Once I'd made up the green herb salsa with the oil I had a fiery, garlic and herb paste that was a perfect match for the fish but it could be so versatile. I think it would also be great with halloumi or chicken, drizzled or dotted on a salad, or even used as a marinade. The Antichi Frantoi Francescani olive oil has a strong green olive taste and would also be lovely for dipping bread in. You could imagine you were on holiday in Italy even if you weren't.
Sea Bass with a Simple Green Herb Salsa
- 1 tbsp oil
- 340 g sea bass (2 fillets) or another white fish
- 28 g large handful of coriander (cilantro)
- 15 g Small handful of parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 green chilli pepper
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Pinch Small pinch of salt
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and pan fry the sea bass for about 5 minutes then turn it over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Put all the other ingredients into a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Taste. Add a little extra oil, vinegar or seasoning if necessary.
- Serve the salsa with the fish.
Places I'm sharing this Sea Bass with Green Herb Salsa
Keep in Touch
Do let me know if you make this. Or any of the other recipes here on Searching for Spice. You can leave a comment below!