This spicy air fried tandoori salmon is the perfect filling for these soft tacos. It makes a delicious midweek or weekend meal with crowd-pleasing flavours and healthy ingredients too.
Salmon is such a healthy meal choice. Full of omega 3, protein and nutrients. So, one way I love to eat more of it right now is to marinate it in yogurt and tandoori pickle and then air fry it. I then serve the salmon in these delicious air fried tandoori salmon tacos. It's one fish meal that I can always rely on to be a hit.
Not only are these tandoori salmon tacos super tasty, they're quick and easy to make too and you can easily customise the other fillings you add to the tacos.
Ingredient notes for air fried tandoori salmon tacos
To make these salmon tacos you'll need:
- Natural Greek yogurt - This is for the salmon marinade and to serve with the tacos. You can use light or full fat Greek yogurt. It's up to you.
- Tandoori pickle - I used a tandoori pickle but if you use a tandoori spice paste it'll work too.
- Salmon - I removed the skin from the salmon before marinating it. So, if you don't want to have to remove the skin, buy skinless salmon. But, if you like the skin why not fry it after removing it. Sprinkle it with a little salt and then fry it. It will be lovely and crispy.
- Small soft tacos - I used mini soft tacos for this and we had 6 each. However, there's nothing to stop you from using larger wraps instead.
- Limes - Use half a lime to squeeze over the cucumber and avocado and serve the rest with the tacos.
- Coriander leaves - I love lots of coriander but of course if you're not a fan of it then you can miss it out or use parsley instead.
How do you make air fried tandoori salmon tacos
These salmon tacos are really easy to make. First mix up the marinade and set half of it aside for serving with the tacos.
Cut the salmon into cubes and mix them into the yogurt marinade. Put in the fridge for half an hour.
Line the air fryer with a little paper to make it easier to clean afterwards. Then place all the salmon pieces in the air fryer and cook for 8 minutes at 180C.
While the salmon is cooking, dice the avocado and cucumber and mix together with a squeeze of lime juice.
Serve the salmon with the reserved marinade, the cucumber avocado salad and some chopped coriander.
Can you adapt the recipe?
Yes you can. This recipe is very versatile. Instead of salmon you could try using a white fish such as cod or why not use prawns? If you're not a fan of seafood then you can make the tacos with chicken instead.
If you don't like yogurt sauces then just make enough for the marinade but serve the salmon with mayonnaise instead. You can still mix in a little of the tandoori pickle.
What can you do with the leftovers?
Any leftover cooked salmon will keep well in the fridge for three days. You can eat it in tacos or in any other way you prefer. You can even put the leftovers in a sandwich.
Can you cook a larger amount?
Yes, if you are serving more people then just double or triple the quantities. You may need to air fry it in two batches or cook it in the oven instead though.
Can you cook it in the oven instead of the air fryer?
Yes you can. These tandoori salmon tacos are great baked or grilled in the oven. Just preheat the oven to 180C and bake for 10 minutes. Or if you want to grill them, they will cook in about 8 minutes.
Other ways to serve this tandoori salmon
This tandoori salmon is delicous and can be served in lots of other ways too. Why not serve it in one of these ways:
- In a bowl with rice and vegetables.
- As a jacket potato topping
- In a salad with your favourite salad leaves and carb such as couscous or rice.
- Don't cut up the salmon before cooking it and serve with with chips and vegetables or salad.
Air Fried Tandoori Salmon Tacos
- 2 tablespoon natural Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp tandoori pickle
- 240 g salmon skin removed
- 6 small soft tacos
- 1 avocado
- 15 cm cucumber
- 2 limes
- 10 g coriander leaves roughly chopped
- Mix the tandoori paste into the yogurt and set aside half of it.
- Cut the salmon into cubes and mix it into half of the yogurt mixture. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Line the air fryer basket with a little greaseproof paper. Put the salmon in and cook for 8 minutes at 180℃.
- Dice the cucumber and avocado and squeeze over the juice of half a lime.
- Spread some of the reserved yogurt and tandoori mixture onto each taco. Top with the avocado and cucumber and the salmon. Serve with extra lime wedges and a sprinkling of coriander leaves.
Instructions for oven cooking
- You can also bake the salmon in the oven if you don't have an air fryer. It should take about 10 minutes at 180℃.
Instructions for grilling(broiling)
- You can also grill it. It will take about 8 minutes.
More recipes you might like
If you like this salmon dish then try one of these recipes too:
- Moroccan spiced salmon
- Salmon marinated in ketchup and spices
- Steamed salmon with rice and a ginger garlic sauce
Keep in touch
Do let me know if you make these air fried tandoor salmon tacos or any of my other recipes. I love to get feedback from readers.