The Croatian Inspiration for this fruity chocolate carob cake
You'll never guess what's in this carob cake!
Carob is not a substitute for Chocolate!
How did I adapt this carob chocolate cake?
Where to find the original version of this carob cake
Are you still wondering about the mystery ingredient?
Chocolate Carob Cake Recipe
Chocolate Carob Cake
- 4 apples
- 4 eggs
- 30 g currants
- 100 ml rum can be substituted for fruit juice or another alcohol
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g carob powder
- 100 ml oil
- 60 g ground almonds or 100g plain flour
- 50 ml milk
- 120 g dark chocolate
- Put the currants in a bowl and pour the alcohol on top and leave to stand.
- Put the egg whites in a bowl and whisk till they turn white and begin to form soft peaks.
- Gradually whist in the sugar, egg yolk, ground almond, oil, milk and carob powder.
- Mix the apple, currants and alcohol together. Then mix the fruit mixture into the other bowl.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a springform tin and then add the cake mixture. Bake in the oven at about 180C for 40-45 minutes. Check it is ready with a skewer or cocktail stick.
- When the cake has cooled, melt the chocolate and spread on the top of the cake.
More Fruity Cakes Recipes
If you like the sound of this fruity carob cake then why not try one of my other fruity cakes?
KEEP IN TOUCH
Do let me know if you make this chocolate carob cake recipe. I love to get feedback from readers.
Why not signupto my weekly newsletter too. I’ll even send you a FREE printable.