This slightly tangy creamy chocolate cheesecake dip makes a great dessert and is much quicker to make than a full on cheesecake too! Get it on the table in less than 5 minutes and make everyone happy!
This simple yogurt and Philadelphia cream cheese dip was a dessert revelation to me when I first made it. It's so quick and easy to make and if your family loves cheesecake as much as mine do, it will definitely make them happy. It's way way easier than my normal baked chocolate cheesecake recipe!
It's basically just three ingredients but those ingredient together are just perfect. I find it a real struggle to stop eating it. Truthfully, if you leave me in front of this bowl of chocolate dip I promise you I can't be held responsible for eating it all up!
What ingredients do you need for chocolate cheesecake dip?
There are lots of recipes out there but for my perfect chocolate cheesecake dip you need just three ingredients:
- Cream cheese - I use Philadelphia as it's my favourite brand and I've been eating it for years.
- Natural yogurt - I usually use Greek yogurt and I love the tang that it gives this cheesecake dip.
- Chocolate spread - You can use a well known brand such as Nutella, an alternative brand or even make your own Nutella!
How do you make chocolate cheesecake dip?
There is a full recipe card further down the post but basically it's just a cake of making sure the cream cheese is at room temperature and then beating everything together using either a whisk or a fork.
It could not be easier.
What to eat with this chocolate cheesecake dip?
I love to serve it with fruit and digestive biscuits so it's like a deconstructed cheesecake with all the elements. Here are a few ideas:
- As a dip for breadsticks or prezels
- As a spread or dip for biscuits such as shortbread or digestives
- As a dip for fruit slices such as apple, peach or orange segments
- Spread onto fruit such as bananas
- With berries such as strawberries
- To sandwich macarons together
- You can even use it on or in a cake as an alternative to whipped cream or icing.
Substitutions and adaptations
I always make this cheesecake dip with philadelphia cream cheese but of course you can use any brand. I think it would also be great made with quark or ricotta too.
If you are not such a fan of natural yogurt then you can substitute it with coconut or vanilla yogurt. Or use cream instead. If you use cream then whip it first before folding it into the cream cheese mixture.
Can you change the flavour?
Yes, you can use a different spread instead of chocolate spread. Why not try Biscoff spread, dulce de leche or lemon curd?
How long does it keep?
Once you've mixed it up it should keep well for three days in an airtight container in the fridge.
More easy dessert ideas
This chocolate cheesecake dip is a great dessert for kids and adults. Here are a few more desserts you might like:
This rocky road is also really simple to make!
Chocolate Cheesecake Dip
- 300 g cream cheese at room temperature
- 80 g natural yogurt
- 90 g chocolate spread
- Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Beat them together with a whisk or fork.
Pin for later
Places I'm sharing this post
Cook Blog Share hosted by The Rare Welsh Bit