Rich, dark and creamy, these raspberry chocolate pots are perfect for a special chocolate dessert. They're ideal to make in advance for a dinner party or date night at home.
I first made these decadent raspberry chocolate pots to celebrate my husband's first father's day. As Little Miss Spice was too young to show her appreciation, I decided I would make something nice and chocolatey for him. I chose chocolate pots as I knew they would be quick and easy to make. Then I added raspberries as they make the dessert more interesting, and slightly less rich.
An ideal make ahead chocolate dessert
One of the best things about these chocolate pots is that they can be made in advance. That means you don't have to do anything except get them out of the fridge when you're ready to eat them!
They're perfect for a dinner party as you can focus on your guests and don't need to worry about missing the party. They're also one of the best desserts I can think of for a homemade date night dinner. If your partner loves chocolate then they will fall in love with these raspberry chocolate pots!
What ingredients do you need for raspberry chocolate pots?
These luxurious little chocolate dessert pots can be made with just 6 ingredients! You'll need:
- Dark chocolate - choose a good quality brand with a high quantity of cocoa solids
- Double cream
- Milk - I use semi-skimmed milk but as you only need a little it would be fine to use skimmed or whole milk
- Icing sugar -Also known as powdered or confectioner's sugar
- Egg yolk
How do you make these chocolate pots?
There is a full recipe further down the post. However, they are very simple to make. Basically you heat the cream until hot but not boiling and pour it onto the chocolate to melt it.
Then you whisk the milk, egg yolk and icing sugar together and mix them into the creamy chocolate mixture.
The only thing left to do it put some raspberries in the bottom of four ramekins and pour the chocolate cream on top. Then put them in the fridge to set.
Can you adapt these raspberry chocolate pots?
Of course, you could add any other berries instead of the raspberries. However, I prefer to keep the raspberries as they add a juicy but sweet sharpness that stops the chocolate from being too rich.
Can you make them with milk chocolate?
Yes, of course. They will taste much sweeter and not have such a rich chocolate taste. However, if you and your family really love milk chocolate rather than dark chocolate then go ahead and make them with milk chocolate.
How long do these raspberry chocolate pots keep?
You can keep these desserts in the fridge for up to three days. I'd be surprised if they'd last that long though!
Raspberry Chocolate Pots
- 100 g dark chocolate broken up or use chocolate chips
- 150 g double cream
- 50 ml milk
- 25 g icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 g raspberries
- Put the chocolate in a bowl. Heat the cream and when bubbles appear, take it off the heat and pour it on top of the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted and you get a smooth mixture.
- In another bowl combine the milk, icing sugar and egg yolk. Pour this into the bowl with the cream and chocolate and stir to combine.
- Put some raspberries into the bottom of four ramekins. Pour the chocolate mixture on top. Put in the fridge for at least 6 hours to set. Serve with extra raspberries.
KEEP IN TOUCH
Do let me know if you make these chocolate pots or any of my other recipes. I love to get feedback from readers.