These gorgeous Golden Oreo raspberry cookie pops make take a little time to make but they are so worth it! Kids love them and they make a great sweet treat or party food.
I have received products from Oreo for this post. It is an entry to the Foodies100 Wonderfilled recipe challenge sponsored by Oreo, which marks the launch of two exciting new flavours: Peanut Butter and Golden. The delicious new flavours are available in all major supermarkets at an RRP of £1.08. To find out more, visit www.facebook.com/oreo
Of course I was delighted to try out the 2 new Oreo flavours. It didn't matter that I haven't often eaten Oreos until now. I can never resist a good cookie! Both the new flavours are a twist on the traditional Oreo biscuit. The Limited Edition Peanut Butter Oreos still have the chocolate Oreo biscuit but are sandwiched with a creamy peanut butter filling. The Golden Oreos still have the traditional vanilla filling but it's sandwiched between two vanilla biscuits.
How to Make Oreos even better!
The Oreos are delicious to just eat by themselves but I needed to come up with a recipe to make them even more enticing. As my husband is not a fan of peanut butter I decided that I would just enjoy those ones by myself, straight from the packet. I then decided on a raspberry flavour combination for the Golden Oreos.
Raspberry and vanillla go so well together and even before the Oreos had arrived I knew I wanted to have a go at some cookie pops. I've made cake pops before and loved them and cookie pops are just a variation on them.
The raspberry curd filling makes these cookie pops AMAZING!
As Oreos are wonderfilled I felt my cookie pops needed to be wonderfilled too. I've recently fallen in love with raspberry curd and so each of these cookie pops is filled with a little dollop of sharp but sweet raspberry curd. The raspberry curd is surrounded by a creamy oreo and cream cheese mixture. Then the whole cookie pop is coated in a layer of sweet white chocolate and covered with little freeze-dried raspberry pieces. I defy you not to want one of these! Or two.
Recipe for Golden Oreo Raspberry Cookie Pops
Golden Oreo Raspberry Cookie Pops
- 8 teaspoon raspberry curd
- 154 g packet of Golden Oreos 14 oreos
- 50 g cream cheese
- 150 g white chocolate
- 10 g freeze dried raspberry pieces
- Line a baking tray with cling film and put 8 teaspoon of raspberry curd onto it.
- Press a cookie/cake pop stick into each teaspoon of raspberry curd.
- Put the tray in the freezer to set.
- Put the cookies in a food processor and process until all the biscuits have broken up into crumbs.
- Add the cream cheese and process again until a dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces.
- Flatten each piece of dough and then wrap it around the raspberry curd on the end of each cookie stick.
- Return the cookie pops to the freezer for an hour.
- Melt the white chocolate slowly in a microwave. Heat for a minute to begin with then keep taking it out and stirring every 20 seconds until it is all melted.
- Line up the melted chocolate, a bowl with the freeze-dried raspberry pieces and a baking tray covered in baking paper.
- Dip the cookie pops in the melted chocolate. Use a teaspoon to spoon the chocolate over the area near the end of the stick which is hard to dip in. Let any excess chocolate drip back into the bowl before spooning the freeze-dried raspberry pieces over the white chocolate.
- Put the cake pops in the fridge for the chocolate to set.
- Store in the fridge
More Cake Pops!
If you like this recipe then do check out my cake ball recipe as well.
KEEP IN TOUCH
Do let me know if you make these cookie pops. Or any of the my other recipes.
You can also stay up to date by following on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Why not sign up to my weekly newsletter too?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post.
Leave a Reply