This tasty lemongrass chicken stir fry is strong on flavour and ideal for peanut lovers too. It's very quick to make so it's perfect as an easy midweek meal.
I fancied lemongrass. And that's how this meal started. Now, lemongrass doesn't go with sausages or stewing steak so it had to be chicken. The rest of the ingredients were typical East Asian - chilli, ginger, garlic. If you've got a cold, this recipe will do its best to chase it away!
Lemongrass is one of those flavours that are typically East Asian. I love the freshness of it and the zing it gives to a dish, even when using lemongrass paste which is what I used in this recipe. It's definitely worth buying some minced lemongrass as it can really elevate a simple a stir fry recipe like this.
The other ingredient which I really love in this dish is the dry roasted peanuts. They add such a lot of flavour and really are moreish. If you give me a packet of dry roasted peanuts I will find it hard to stop before it's empty!
Can you adapt this lemongrass chicken stir fry?
Feel free to adapt this recipe to suit your tastes. If you're not such a garlic or ginger lover then miss it out! Change the colour of the peppers, use mange tout or sugar snap peas instead of green beans.
If you don't have dry roasted peanuts then use plain peanuts and toast them a little in a dry frying pan to give them a little extra flavour. If you don't eat nuts then miss them out. I love the dry roasted peanuts in this stir fry but I would also happily eat it without.
You can use any type of noodles you like for this recipe or even rice.
Lemongrass Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Lemongrass Chicken Stir Fry
- 250 g chicken sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp lemongrass paste
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil or use another cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 chilli pepper thinly sliced
- 10 g fresh ginger finely diced or grated
- ½ yellow pepper sliced into strips
- 1 handful green beans cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp dry roasted peanuts crushed
- 120 g uncooked noodles
- Finely dice 1 spring onion and mix with the sliced chicken and lemongrass. Leave to marinate for 1 hour.
- Prepare the noodles according to packet instructions.
- Heat the oil in a wok. When it's hot, add the chicken. Stir fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chilli, ginger, pepper, beans and onions. Continue to stir fry for about a couple of minutes.
- Add the fish sauce and approx 100ml of water and cook for another 2 minutes.
- When ready serve over the noodles and top with crushed dry-roasted peanuts.
Keep in Touch
Do let me know if you make this. Or any of the other recipes here on Searching for Spice. You can leave a comment below!