These sweet and spicy honey marinated air fryer chicken wings are perfect for a weekend feast but also simple enough for midweek. Marinate them in a tempting mixture of honey, hot sauce and garlic then just air fry till cooked through and golden brown.
I love using my air fryer to cook chicken wings. It's such a simple way of getting perfectly cooked chicken every time. The skin crisps up but the chicken meat stays gorgeously juicy and tender.
I put the chicken in the marinade the day before but if you don't have time, just let them marinate for an hour before putting in the air fryer or oven.
My family love these wings and they are a great recipe for an easy midweek dinner. Just serve with fries and salad. But, they are also tempting enough to serve to guests or serve for a bit of a weekend feast.
They are so versatile. We usually eat them as part of a main meal but if you are entertaining you could serve them as a appetiser. They might be a bit sticky and messy to eat but I know no-one will complain!
Ingredient notes for marinated air fryer honey chicken wings
To make these chicken wings you'll need:
- Chicken wings - Although I use chicken wings there's nothing to stop you using this marinade on chicken drumsticks or even chicken breasts. Just increase the cooking time if you do.
- Honey - This adds a lovely sweetness and also helps the wings to caramelise as they cook. I used a really lovely honey from Honey Tradition.
- White wine vinegar - This adds acidity and helps the marinade to soak in and tenderise the wings before they are cooked
- Hot sauce - Hot sauces can vary a lot in heat and sweetness. Use your favourite one.
- Olive oil
- Garlic -Feel free to use fresh garlic cloves and crush them or replace with a teaspoon of garlic paste or puree.
How to make marinated air fryer chicken wings
Do also check out the printable recipe card further down the post. The first step is to just mix everything together for the marinade. Do taste it before you add the chicken as hot sauces can vary and you may want to add a little more to make it hotter!
If you don't have time you don't need to give the wings a long marinade but you can prep them the day before too. This gives them even more time to soak up the flavours.
Line the air fryer with a little baking paper or use an air fryer liner if you can. This is because the honey can burn onto the air fryer and be hard to clean off. Cook the wings for 17 minutes, turning half way through the cooking time.
Can you adapt the recipe?
Yes of course. Feel free to add extra hot sauce. Or why not add some mustard too?
Can you cook the wings in the oven?
Yes, preheat the oven to 200C and then cook the wings for about 25 minutes.
What can you serve with the wings?
You can serve whatever you like with them. We love them with fries and salad.
What can you do with the leftovers?
Any leftover wings can be stored in the fridge for up to three days. You can eat them cold or reheat them in the microwave or air fryer. I find the skin can burn if reheated in the air fryer so I usually reheat wings in the microwave. It's totally up to you though.
Marinated air fryer chicken wings with honey and hot sauce
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade and then coat the chicken wings in the marinade. Leave in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- Put the wings in the air fryer and air fry for 17 minutes at 195°c
- Check at the half way point and turn the wings over if necessary.
More recipes you might like
If you were here for the marinated chicken then do check out one of these recipes:
And if you're a fan of air frying then check out one of these:
Keep in touch
Do let me know if you make these air fryer chicken wings or any of my other recipes. I love to get feedback from readers.
You can also stay up to date by following on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Leave a Reply