This chicken piccata recipe is good enough to serve at a dinner party and is easy to make too. Simple, delicious and even tastes great the next day!
Welcome to my last ever Secret Recipe Club post. As it draws to a close I'll be very sad to say goodbye to it. Over the past few years I've got to know a lot of blogs I otherwise may not have stumbled across and in the process discovered a whole host of delicious recipes, some of which I'm still regularly making!
I first took part in July 2011 and my very first SRC post was for Slow Cooked Barbecue Ribs. This recipe has become a firm favourite and it's one of a couple of slow cooker bbq recipes that I still make regularly.
Now, on to this month's assignment. Well, just two weeks ago I participated in the SRC additional assignment so imagine my surprise when I was preparing my recipe for that assignment when I received the email telling me that once again I would be paired with Michaela from An Affair from the Heart.
I made Michaela's gorgeous Vegetable, Beef, Barley and Mushroom soup for that assignment and I picked out a few sweet recipes and fully intended making one of them for this assignment, in particular these pumpkin spice banana bread muffins. However, I came across this recipe for chicken piccata and as I absolutely love buttery lemony caper sauces I couldn't resist giving it a go. I often make a similar sauce to this but serve it with a white fish like sea bass or bream. I'd never made a sauce like this to go with chicken or served it with pasta so my plans changed.
What did we think of this chicken piccata?
It turned out to be a good choice. The chicken was delicious and tender and the sauce was amazing. With all that butter it may not be the healthiest sauce but it is certainly one you'll enjoy!
I had a little chicken and sauce leftover for lunch the next day and the lemon had really soaked into the chicken, giving it a wonderful flavour. I offered some to Master Spice and was quite pleased he didn't want it - more for me. There are sometimes benefits to having a picky child!
Recipe for Chicken Piccata
- 4 chicken breasts sliced in half horizontally
- 2 tbsp plain flour seasoned with a little salt and pepper
- 110 g butter
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 lemon juiced
- 80 ml dry white wine
- 160 ml chicken stock
- 2-3 tbsp capers rinsed
- 3 tbsp parsley chopped
- 300 g Pasta for serving
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions
- Heat half of the butter and half the oil in a large frying pan.
- Coat the chicken breasts in the seasoned flour and then cook then in the frying pan for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the rest of the oil and cook the garlic for a minute. Then add the wine and continue to cook for about 3 more minutes.
- Add the stock, lemon juice, capers and half of the parsley. Bring to the boil then put the chicken back in and cook gently until the chicken is cooked through.
- Put the pasta in bowls or plates, top with the chicken, whisk the remaining butter into the sauce until melted then pour the sauce over the chicken and pasta. Top with the rest of the chopped parsley.
Pin for later!
Keep in Touch
Do let me know if you make this chicken and pasta recipe or any of my other recipes. I love to get feedback from readers.
Why not sign up to my weekly newsletter too? I’ll even send you a FREE printable.
Places I'm sharing this Chicken Piccata
I'm sharing with Brilliant Blog Posts at Honest Mum.