Could you resist one of these cheesy pull apart pizza bread rolls? Stuffed with chorizo and cheese, they are perfect served with soup but just as tasty as a meal in themselves!
I always enjoy the hunt for a great new recipe and that's one of the reasons I love to take part in the Secret Recipe Club every month. Each month we are assigned another blog and our task is to chose a recipe to make from it and then blog about. If possible I like to find something a little different or something I've never made before. After all, it wouldn't be a challenge if I just made a slight variation on an already favourite recipe.
This month I was assigned, Hun... What's for Dinner? I didn't spend long looking for a recipe. I soon saw these pizza pull apart bread rolls and I knew straightaway that I wanted to make them. The hunt was over. I just knew and I was right.
How can you adapt these pizza bread rolls?
I made just a few small changes. I used chorizo instead of pepperoni and cheddar instead of mozzarella. I would have added a little basil to the garlic butter but I discovered/remembered too late that I'd run out. I'm sure it would have been lovely but the garlic butter was fantastic brushed over the top of the rolls. To be honest, I really didn't feel anything was missing as I ate them.
What are these pizza bread rolls like?
They are yummy - all the flavours of a pizza but in a bread roll. There are so many filling variations that could be made too. Whatever you like in your pizza I challenge you to put inside some of these rolls!
What can you serve with these pull apart pizza rolls?
I served the rolls with my favourite simple tomato soup. It's a recipe that I just keep coming back to. You could serve them with pizza sauce but I felt like having more tomato than that . Honestly, I think a tomato soup is the perfect accompaniment.
Pull Apart Pizza Bread Rolls Recipe
Pull Apart Pizza Bread Rolls
- 250 g strong white bread flour
- 7 g fast action dried yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150-200 ml warm water
- 8 slices chorizo or pepperoni
- 80 g cheese
- 20 g butter melted
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- Put the flour, salt and yeast in a mixing bowl with a dough hook. Add the oil and start the mixer.
- Pour in about 2/3 of the water slowly. Keep adding a little more until a smooth dough forms.
- Then continue to knead it in the mixer with the dough hook for 5 minutes.
- Put the dough in a lightly oiled basin and cover with cling film or a damp tea towel. Leave for about 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough into equal sized pieces about golf ball sized.
- Flatten each piece of dough. Put a slice of chorizo or pepperoni in the middle with a piece of cheese on the top and then fold the dough around it.
- Place the rolls in a lightly oiled oven-proof dish with the seam underneath. Leave a small gap between each ball of dough - they will rise in the oven and join together again.
- Mix the crushed garlic into the melted butter and then brush the top of the rolls with the melted butter. Then sprinkle with the grated parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 180°C. Serve with tomato soup.
More Recipes you might like
You might also like my ham and mushroom calzone recipe.
Keep in Touch
Do let me know if you make these pizza bread rolls. I love to get feedback from readers.
Why not sign up to my weekly newsletter too? I’ll even send you a FREE printable: