These bread maker burger buns are easy to make! Just prepare the dough in the bread maker and then bake them in the oven. After all, homemade bread buns make burgers so much tastier!
We might be in the second half of summer, but there's still lots of lovely barbecue weather on the horizon. If you have a bread maker, these homemade burger buns are really easy to make and it's lovely to have fresh bread to put your burgers in.
Bread makers are such an easy way to make dough!
I used to use my bread maker all the time to make my everyday bread, but over the last few months, I've started to use it a lot to make dough. I use it to make doughs for pizzas, flat breads, and these bread buns. It is just so easy to make dough in the bread maker! I doubt I'd be making all these things nowadays if I had to knead the dough by hand, although I have done in the past.
Can you make these bread maker burger buns without a bread maker?
If you don't have a bread maker then you can adapt the recipe to make the buns by hand. Put the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir in the water. When it forms a dough start to knead it by hand for about 5-10 minutes. When it feels quite elastic it is ready.
Put the dough in a large bowl to rise and cover it with cling film. After it has doubled in size, knead it again for a minute and form into rolls.
Put the rolls on a baking tray. Cover them with a lightly oiled piece of cling film and leave them to rise for an hour before baking them for 15-20 minutes at 180C.
Can you use this dough recipe for anything else?
The recipe for these bread maker bread buns is basically the same as for a simple white bread loaf. There is nothing to stop you using the same recipe to make a loaf of bread!
What to serve in these bread maker burger buns?
A recipe for burger buns is no use without a recipe for burgers! These burger buns would be perfect to serve with Beef and Chorizo Burgers, Rosemary and Thyme Burgers or for a vegetarian option, these Black Bean Burgers.
How long do these white burger buns keep for?
I find that these bread buns are really at their best on the day they are made. If I am making homemade burger buns to go with our dinner I make them on the same day. Because the recipe is so easy, it really isn't difficult to find time to make them. What's more, if you're making the effort to make any kind of homemade bread, it really is best to make it on the day you plan to eat it.
However, I know that not everyone will want to do that and what about the leftovers? Well, if you keep them bread rolls in an airtight container they'll be good for at least 48 hours.
You can also freeze any leftover bread rolls for up to three months. Defrost them at room temperature. To refresh them a little you can pop them in the oven for 5 minutes at about 180C.
Bread Maker Burger Buns Recipe
Bread Maker Burger Buns
- 7 g fast action dried yeast
- 410 g strong white flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 250 ml warm water
- Line a baking tray with non stick baking paper.
- Put the yeast in the bread maker first. Then the flour. Followed by the sugar, salt, oil and water.
- Start the bread maker on the dough setting. If your breadmaker has a 'knead and rise' setting go straight to step 5. If not, go on to step 3.
- Lightly oil a large bowl. When the dough is ready, tip it out into the bowl and cover it with cling film. Leave it in a warm place to rise again. As I said above, this may not be necessary for your machine.
- After an hour, knock the dough back and knead for a minute.
- Divide the dough in half, then each half in half again, and each quarter then in half again. This should give 8 pieces of dough. Roll each one between your hands to get a round bread roll and then place on the baking tray and flatten slightly. Cover and leave to rise again for about 30 minutes.
- Bake the bread rolls in the oven for about 15-20 minutes at 180C.
More Bread Recipes
If you love experimenting with different flavoured breads then why not try these tomato and nigella seed bread rolls? I also make the dough in the bread maker and then bake them in the oven afterwards.
If you want to try making bread rolls by hand then why not try this recipe for basic bread rolls? I first make them in a cookery class at the Jamie Oliver cookery school.
If you really want bread in a hurry then you can't beat this garlic and herb butter quick bread!
Pin for later!
STAY IN TOUCH
Do let me know if you make these bread maker burger buns. I love to get feedback from readers.
Why not sign up to my weekly newsletter too? I’ll even send you a FREE printable.