These air fried sweet potato wedges with harissa are packed with flavour! They are delicious as a vegetable side dish but are also completely addictive in themselves! You'll find it hard to top nibbling on them!
I love to add lots of harissa to my meals and these harissa air fried sweet potatoes are one of my latest cravings! They are sweet, spicy and totally addictive. If you like harissa and you like sweet potatoes then this is a combination you have to try. I know you'll love it.
Not only are they ridiculously tasty, they are also super easy to make. Once you've made them once you won't even need the recipe again!
What ingredients do you need to make them?
To make these harissa air fried sweet potato wedges you'll need:
- Sweet potatoes - I make this recipe with sweet potatoes but I actually think it would work brilliantly with regular potatoes as well.
- Harissa - I use rose harissa as it's my favourite but you can use any harissa.
- Olive oil - I add a little extra olive oil as it thins the harissa slightly so it coats the potatoes well.
How to make air fried harissa sweet potato wedges
If you have an air fryer then this is a really simple recipe. First peel the potatoes if you don't want the skin, chop them into wedges and then put them in a bowl. Top with the harissa and oil and stir well.
Put the sweet potato wedges in the air fryer and air fry for about 15 minutes at 180C
Can you adapt the recipe?
Yes of course. This is a really simple recipe so adapting it probably means you're making something different. But, that's not a problem at all. Feel free to use this recipe as inspiration for something else.
Why not coat regular potatoes in harissa and air fryer them? Or why not use a different vegetable altogether. Just be aware that cooking times will change if you use something that cooks more quickly or slowly.
You could use a different condiment instead of harissa. Why not try chipotle paste or nduja?
Can you cook them in the oven instead?
Yes of course. Preheat the oven to 180 and cook them for about 25 minutes.
What can you do with the leftovers?
If you have any leftovers then you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge. Just pop them in the air fryer for about 4 minutes to reheat. They will be just as tasty.
Air Fried Harissa Sweet Potato Wedges
- 400 g sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoon harissa
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- If you prefer, peel the sweet potatoes. If not, the skins can be left on. Cut the potatoes into wedges.
- Toss the sweet potato wedges in the harissa and olive oil. You may need more or less oil depending on how oily your harissa is.
- Put the wedges in the air fryer basket and cook for about 15 minutes at 180C. Toss half way through.
More air fryer recipes
If you like these sweet potato wedges then do check out more of my air fryer recipes:
- Spicy air fried mushrooms
- Air fried Cajun sweet potato fries
- Spicy air fried chips (fries)
- Air fryer crushed potatoes
- Air fryer asparagus with za'atar
- Air fryer carrot salad
- Air fryer brussels sprouts salad
Keep in touch
Do let me know if you make these harissa sweet potato wedges or any of my other recipes. I love to get feedback from readers.