Recently I’ve been finding my evenings getting increasingly shorter. By the time the children have gone to bed and I’ve made dinner for me and my husband, there’s almost no time to do anything else.
I’m being forced to accept that something has got to change about the way I organise my cooking. As my husband doesn’t get back from work until 7 o’clock then us all eating together just isn’t an option.
I need more ideas for delicious recipes that can be made earlier in the day for the children but that will be just as tasty for me and my husband later on, and even the next day too.
These might be meals that are just as delicious cold as hot or recipes that reheat easily in the microwave. Whatever gives you more time so you can cook once and eat twice (or more) is what I’m looking for.
Cook Once Eat Twice will be a monthly event and I’d love you to join in and help me find inspiration too!
To take part:
- Include a link in your post to Searching for Spice and include the badge. Add your link to the linky below.
- Tweet @Corinthecook using the hashtag #CookOnceEatTwice and I will retweet.
- Include the source of any recipe if applicable and use your own photos.
- I will pin all entries onto the Cook Once Eat Twice Pinterest board.
- It’s acceptable to link up old posts but please update them with the link and the badge so they fit the rules of the challenge.
- Feel free to link up to other blogging events as well, as long as it is within their rules.
- The closing date is the 28th of the month and the roundup will be posted soon afterwards